CODE OF CONDUCT
This sets out the principles, values, standards of etiquette and rules of behaviour that guide the decisions and procedures of Trentham Golf Club Limited that contribute to the welfare and rights of its members.
Please note the following regarding the Code of Conduct re safety, etiquette, behaviour and dress code.
- The Club is not responsible for providing adult supervision for your child except for normal junior golf coaching, matches or competitions.
- All juniors must report to the Club Professional before going out onto the course.
- All children under the age of 11 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult on the course, practice ground and in the clubhouse.
- All juniors unaccompanied by an adult must let the Pro’s Shop know of their intention to play or practice. Juniors must wait in the Club House or patio area to be picked up at a pre-arranged time by the adult responsible for them.
- Please inform the coach prior to departure from the club if the child is to be collected early from a coaching session.
- Ensure that your child is properly and adequately attired in accordance with the dress code which is displayed on the junior notice board and website. Also please take into account the need for adequate protective clothing for adverse weather conditions.
- Ensure that proper footwear and protective equipment are worn at ALL times in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations. Any child not in possession of the fundamental safety requirements and dress code approved golf attire will not be permitted on the course or into the clubhouse. Please avoid this embarrassment by dressing appropriately as per the dress code.
- Encourage your child to play by the rules of golf and to respect other golfers and the course. The etiquette of golf should be taught to your child and the club will reinforce all these values which are essential to the enjoyment of golf.
- Accept the official’s judgement / decisions in competitions and regarding dress code and behaviour on and off the course.
- Acknowledge the importance and role of the club coaches who provide their time to ensure children’s participation in the club and to respect them.
- Foul language, temper tantrums, walking out in the middle of a competition round when playing badly and damage to club property on the course and in the clubhouse are all unacceptable.
- Honesty is expected when completing score cards as there are no referees in the golf club. If there is any uncertainty about rules please discuss with the club Professional or Committee Members. False scores and cheating are totally unacceptable and not in keeping with the spirit of golf which expects integrity, honesty and respect for others at all times. Cheating can result in expulsion from the club.
- Please document any health concerns pertaining to the child on the consent form, in particular breathing or chest conditions. Any changes in the state of the child’s health should be reported to the coach prior to coaching sessions.
- Please complete and return the Health and Consent Form pertaining to your child’s / children’s participation with “Trentham Golf Club Limited” (see parental consent).
- Parents/Guardians have the right to:
- Know their child is safe
- Be informed of problems or concerns relating to their children
- Be informed if their child is injured
- Have their consent sought for issues such as trips
- Contribute to decisions within the club
- Complain if they have concerns about the standard of coaching
16. Parents, guardians and siblings of Juniors are asked to comply with the standards of behaviour, etiquette and dress code of TGC even if not a member.
The Code of Conduct form can be found HERE